We are looking for an ambitious Analyst with an interest in politics, media and communications. This is an entry level role for someone with relevant transferable skills to join our growing team. You will work with colleagues at all levels and with a variety of experience to support the team with successful delivery of communications activity and advice.
Our analysts support client teams with campaign delivery, writing research papers and briefs; analyse coverage and political developments; develop content and contribute to strategic planning. They are also exposed to the full range of our research and communications activities and given the opportunity to work directly with clients – gaining unique insight from leading industry experts.
Stonehaven is a global strategy, policy, and advocacy consultancy. In short, we solve the toughest business problems arising from political and economic megatrends.
For companies operating at the intersection of business and government, we provide unrivalled advice and advocacy support, underpinned by our unique integration of data science, policy, economics, and communications campaigning.
Headquartered in London our team of 50 people is made up of opinion researchers, data scientists, campaigners, and creative business thinkers. We bring bold thinking and clarity to our clients’ most complex challenges.
Over the last 12 months Stonehaven has been through a period of rapid growth, acquiring a leading sustainability consultancy, Robertsbridge, opening an office in Australia and carrying out a full rebrand of the business. We have also made considerable investments in our data architecture to build Compass – our proprietary data platform which helps us model trends in public attitudes to some of the biggest issues facing our clients.
We build advocacy campaigns for our clients that reach their audiences, cross channels, integrate digital and creative and above all – drive outcomes.
You will be responsible for
- Providing day-to-day support on client accounts, assisting the client team with successful delivery of communications activity
- Writing exceptional copy - press releases, stakeholder briefings, website copy, new business pitches
- Desk based research to support client accounts and new business pitches
- Pitching to press and securing coverage
- Supporting your team with client administration such as meeting agendas/minutes, monthly reports
- Developing an awareness of general trends, relevant news stories, specific opportunities
- Creative thinking – supporting the team with campaign ideation and planning
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience working in corporate communications and/or reputation campaigns (large agency or in-house experience) would be an advantage
- Exceptional research and writing skills and the ability to think creatively
- An understanding of how digital runs through and amplifies campaigns and an avid interest in new social media channels is essential
- The ability to work efficiently on multiple projects to deadlines
- Enthusiasm to learn about using behavioural insight to build strategic communications campaigns
- Knowledge of political/ business/ sustainability/ESG agenda/media
- A sectoral interest (e.g., energy, financial services, technology, healthcare)
- Flexibility to travel and run events off site and in different markets
- You will be excited by how our offering can deliver change and have an appetite for continual development of your own skills and expertise and a champion to share learning internally
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Respectful and works with integrity
- Intellectually curious about current affairs and an interest in keeping abreast of the latest developments in politics, business, and global trends.
In addition to a competitive salary the core benefits programme includes:
- A discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and business performance
- Pension contribution, Private healthcare cover, inclusive of dental and optical and DocTap same day Doctors’ appointments
- £500 towards gym membership on completion of probation
- 25 days annual holiday with additional office closure days
- An enhanced family leave package
- An employee assistance programme with 24/7 access to online, phone or face-to-face counselling.
- We are based in Central London, close to several public transport links and for anyone who prefers to cycle in we offer bike storage on site
- We encourage a mix of home and office-based working to help our team to achieve a healthy balance between work and their personal goals, and continue to adapt to the changing needs of our workforce