We are looking for a talented and driven senior consultant with a passion for business, current affairs, and media to join our growing team.
You will have strong and proven experience in managing relationships with clients, developing and presenting campaign strategies from ideas to strategic delivery. You will be a trusted advisor to our clients and play an important role in supporting the businesses growth strategy, creatively contributing to our new business activity.
Our Senior Consultants play a vital role in planning, managing and execution of client work across multiple accounts and are expected to develop close relationships with clients, regularly taking part in and leading client facing meetings and ensuring high quality client output.
Stonehaven is a global strategy, policy, and advocacy consultancy. In short, we solve the toughest business problems arising from political and economic megatrends.
For companies operating at the intersection of business and government, we provide unrivalled advice and advocacy support, underpinned by our unique integration of data science, policy, economics, and communications campaigning.
Headquartered in London our team of 50 people is made up of opinion researchers, data scientists, campaigners, and creative business thinkers.
We bring bold thinking and clarity to our clients’ most complex challenges.
Over the last 12 months Stonehaven has been through a period of rapid growth, acquiring a leading sustainability consultancy, Robertsbridge, opening an office in Australia and carrying out a full rebrand of the business.
We have also made considerable investments in our data architecture to build Compass – our proprietary data platform which helps us model trends in public attitudes to some of the biggest issues facing our clients.
We build advocacy campaigns for our clients that reach their audiences, cross channels, integrate digital and creative and above all – drive outcomes.
You will be responsible for
- Manging your client relationships and working closely with managing consultants and directors to provide day-to-day support on client accounts
- Leading, and supporting projects to ensure timely delivery of quality work, leading regular client calls and delivery meetings
- Advise and support clients to deliver their commercial objectives through strategic communication plans that make an impact in the media
- Support on planning and presentation of integrated campaign strategies, supporting your junior team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality work
- - Play and active role in managing high performing teams to ensure timely delivery of high-quality work
- - Contribute insights for clients and the business on the latest developments in the corporate world, relevant sectors, media, and digital communications
- Seeking opportunities for organic growth on accounts and leveraging your own network of clients, prospects, media, and wider stakeholders to provide insight for clients and new business
The ideal candidate
- Experience of corporate communications, with confident and effective media handling skills
- Experience of client engagement and relationship management in a consultancy environment
- An excellent track record of delivering multi-channel campaigns and communication plans
- Strong and proven experience in transferring strategy into deliverable actions and change
- An experienced and confident presenter and storyteller, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and good experience presenting to clients
- Maintains a network of media relationships to support business and clients in staying on top of industry trends and media insights
- Experience in cultivating new business leads and leading the development and presentation of new business pitches
- Strong project management skills and proven experience of effectively managing multiple projects and priorities
- You will be excited by how our offering can deliver change and have an appetite for continual development of your own skills and expertise and a champion to share learning internally
- An ability to build client relationships by demonstrating expertise, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders, and acting decisively and confidently
- Comfortable with change and excited to work with your team to problem solve, focusing on solutions
- An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Respectful and works with integrity
In addition to a competitive salary the core benefits programme includes:
- A discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and business performance
- Pension contribution, Private healthcare cover, inclusive of dental and optical and DocTap same day Doctors’ appointments
- £500 towards gym membership on completion of probation
- 25 days annual holiday with additional office closure days
- An enhanced family leave package
- An employee assistance programme with 24/7 access to online, phone or face-to-face counselling.
- We are based in Central London, close to several public transport links and for anyone who prefers to cycle in we offer bike storage on site
- We encourage a mix of home and office-based working to help our team to achieve a healthy balance between work and their personal goals, and continue to adapt to the changing needs of our workforce