We are looking for an experienced and passionate consultant, focused on excellent client management, with strong project management experience and a good understanding of how to deliver business change, political, media or digital campaigns, to join our growing team at Stonehaven.
As an experienced consultant and communications professional, you will be excited by how our work can deliver change. We welcome applications from candidates who have agency or in-house experience.
You will be responsible for providing high quality support in the delivery of campaigns for our clients, managing research and execution on accounts, building relationships with clients, often leading on client delivery calls whilst helping us build client networks.
Our consultants support the team with day-to-day management of clients across numerous accounts and are expected to develop relationships with clients by demonstrating an understanding of how client objectives can be supported through communications strategy.
Stonehaven is a global strategy, policy, and advocacy consultancy. In short, we solve the toughest business problems arising from political and economic megatrends.
For companies operating at the intersection of business and government, we provide unrivalled advice and advocacy support, underpinned by our unique integration of data science, policy, economics, and communications campaigning.
Headquartered in London our team of 50 people is made up of opinion researchers, data scientists, campaigners, and creative business thinkers. We bring bold thinking and clarity to our clients’ most complex challenges.
Over the last 12 months Stonehaven has been through a period of rapid growth, acquiring a leading sustainability consultancy, Robertsbridge, opening an office in Australia and carrying out a full rebrand of the business. We have also made considerable investments in our data architecture to build Compass – our proprietary data platform which helps us model trends in public attitudes to some of the biggest issues facing our clients.
We build advocacy campaigns for our clients that reach their audiences, cross channels, integrate digital and creative and above all – drive outcomes.
- Provide day-to-day support on client accounts, assisting the client team with successful delivery of work
- Proactively meeting the needs of clients by anticipating needs, identifying challenges, and addressing them
- Supporting the team in drafting presentations and plans, focusing on high quality of work and attention to detail
- Keeping track of delivery of work against agreed plans and objectives, helping co-ordinate work and keep track of deadlines
- Working with the data team to ensure research and insights are made available to support client campaigns
- Staying abreast of political, business, and social trends, whilst building your own network with clients to support organic growth and new business efforts
The ideal candidate
- Relevant experience in a communications and client engagement role
- Strong project management skills and experience and an ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience of managing research and data to inform projects
- Knowledge of campaign planning and management
- Knowledge of crisis and issues management
- An appetite for continual development of own skills
- Comfortable with change and excited to work with your team to problem solve, focusing on solutions
- Passionate about the role Stonehaven can play in delivering change for our clients through our communication campaigns
- An effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to build client relationships and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- An interest in political/ business/ sustainability/ESG agenda/media
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Respectful and works with integrity
In addition to a competitive salary the core benefits programme includes:
- A discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and business performance
- Pension contribution, Private healthcare cover, inclusive of dental and optical and DocTap same day Doctors appointments
- £500 towards gym membership on completion of probation
- 25 days annual holiday with additional office closure days
- An enhanced family leave package
- An employee assistance programme with 24/7 access to online, phone or face-to-face counselling.
- We are based in Central London, close to several public transport links and for anyone who prefers to cycle in we offer bike storage on site
- We encourage a mix of home and office-based working to help our team to achieve a healthy balance between work and their personal goals, and continue to adapt to the changing needs of our workforce